More than 5 million Americans have Alzheimer’s, and the disease takes a huge toll on our society. In addition to the loss of patients’ memories and cognitive skills, Alzheimer’s creates intense caregiving responsibilities for family members, who take on more than 18 billion hours of unpaid caregiving each year and often suffer stress-related health problems of their own. To help find better treatments for Alzheimer’s, to raise awareness of the disease’s impact, and to fund support for families affected by Alzheimer’s, local and state groups around the country are hosting fundraiser walks this fall.
SeniorAdvisor.com is proud to partner with the local groups below to help raise funds for their walks—and you can help, too. If you run a senior care business in one of the cities and towns below, put our “I Support Local Alzheimer’s Associations” ribbon badge on your site, and SeniorAdvisor.com will donate on your behalf to your local Alzheimer’s Walk. You can also follow the links below to register yourself or a team to walk for even more positive impact.
Alzheimer’s Texas Walk in Austin
Come walk and meet the team from SeniorAdvisor.com at the Alzheimer’s Texas Travis County Walk in Austin! Get details on the Travis County Alzheimer’s Walk here or find another Alzheimer’s walk in Central Texas.
- October 7, 2017 – Alzheimer’s Texas Travis County Walk at Camp Mabry. Check in 8:30 AM, opening ceremony 9:30 AM, walk 10 AM.
Walk4ALZ in Los Angeles
Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles has set a fundraising goal of $500,000 for its fall walk, which will start at Century Park and proceed down Avenue of the Stars. Get details and register for the Los Angeles Walk4ALZ here.
- October 29, 2017 –Walk4ALZ at Century Park. Check-in 7:00 AM, opening ceremony 8:30 AM, walk 9:00 AM.
Walk4ALZ in Mississippi
Alzheimer’s Mississippi has scheduled half a dozen fundraiser walks around the state this fall, with a statewide goal of raising $90,000. Find details, donate, and sign up for a Walk4ALZ in Mississippi here.
- September 23, 2017 – Flowood Walk4ALZ at The Nature Park.
- October 7, 2017 – Golden Triangle Walk4ALZ at Plantation Pointe.
- October 7, 2017 – Meridian Walk4ALZ at Bonita Lakes.
- November 4, 2017 – Northeast MS – Oxford Walk4ALZ at The Blake of Oxford.
- November 11, 2017 – Delta Walk4ALZ at Emmet Hart Park.
- November 18, 2017 – Gulf Coast-Biloxi Walk4ALZ at Point Cadet Plaza.
Walk4ALZ in New Jersey
Alzheimer’s New Jersey raised more than $700,000 last year and hopes to make a strong showing this year, too. Get more details, donate, and register to Walk4ALZ in New Jersey here.
- September 23, 2017 – Southern Regional Walk4ALZ at Point Pleasant Beach. Check-in 8:30 AM, kickoff rally 9:30 AM, walk 10:00 AM.
- October 7, 2017 – Liberty State Park Regional Walk4ALZ at Liberty State Park. Check-in 8:30 AM, kickoff rally 9:30 AM, walk 10:00 AM.
- October 22, 2017 – Central Regional Walk4ALZ at ETS in Princeton. Check-in 8:30 AM, kickoff rally 9:30 AM, walk 10:00 AM.
- October 29, 2017 – Northern Regional Walk4ALZ at Bergen Community College in Paramus. Check-in 8:30 AM, kickoff rally 9:30 AM, walk 10:00 AM.
CaringKind Alzheimer’s Walks in New York City
CaringKind’s goal is to raise $1.3 million dollars with Alzheimer’s Walks in four boroughs this fall. Get the details, donate, and register for a New York Alzheimer’s Walk here.
- September 17, 2017 – Queens CaringKind Alzheimer’s Walk at Flushing Meadows Corona Park. Check-in 9:00 AM, opening ceremony 10:00 AM, walk 10:30 AM.
- September 24, 2017 – Brooklyn CaringKind Alzheimer’s Walk at Coney Island Boardwalk. Check-in 9:00 AM, opening ceremony 10:00 AM, walk 10:30 AM.
October 1, 2017 – Staten Island CaringKind Alzheimer’s Walk at South Beach. Check-in 9:00 AM, opening ceremony 10:00 AM, walk 10:30 AM.
- October 15, 2017 – Manhattan CaringKind Alzheimer’s Walk at Riverside Park. Check-in 9:00 AM, opening ceremony 10:00 AM, walk 10:30 AM.
Walk4ALZ in Orange County
In 2016, walkers raised more than half a million dollars for Alzheimer’s in Orange County. Get the details, donate, and register for an Orange County Walk4ALZ here.
- October 14, 2017 – Laguna Niguel Walk4ALZ at Laguna Niguel Regional Park. Check-in 7:30 AM, opening ceremony 8:30 AM, walk 9:00 AM.
- October 28, 2017 – Huntington Beach Walk4ALZ at Huntington Beach Boardwalk. Check-in 7:30 AM, opening ceremony 8:30 AM, walk 9:00 AM.
- November 11, 2017 – Anaheim Walk4ALZ at Angel Stadium. Check-in 7:30 AM, opening ceremony 8:30 AM, walk 9:00 AM.
Walk4ALZ in San Diego
Alzheimer’s San Diego’s goal is to raise $700,000 this year, and all of the funds raised will help San Diego-based programs. Get details, donate, and register for one or both San Diego Walks4ALZ here.
- October 7, 2017 – Walk4ALZ at Oceanside Pier. Check-in 2:30PM, opening ceremony 3:30 PM, walk 4:00PM.
- October, 21, 2017 – Walk4ALZ at Balboa Park. Check-in 6:30AM, opening ceremony 7:30 AM, walk 8:00AM.
Join your local effort to raise money for medical research and support for families living with Alzheimer’s. Save the ribbon graphic on this post and add it on your site, and SeniorAdvisor.com will contribute to the cause, too – $5 for each local senior care business site with a badge, up to a total of $2,500 nationwide.
Learn more about Alzheimer’s care at SeniorAdvisor.com. You can also talk to a Senior Living Advisor about the range of memory care options in your area by calling 1-800-805-3621.